Call to Schedule An Appointment Today!
Chimney and Masonry Repairs & Renovations
Like any system that’s working hard, your chimney will eventually need some repairs. It’s made up of masonry and/or metal, and its use, lack of use, and exposure to fire and the elements can cause some of its many parts to fail. Since your chimney is doing such an important job in your home, you’ll want to take care of any needed repairs quickly and efficiently — and with certified, licensed technicians. Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep is here to help, no matter what your chimney repair needs are.
Common Chimney and Masonry Repairs
- Crown Repairs – As the name implies, the crown covers the top of your chimney, and stops water from getting into the masonry below it. If the crown is damaged — cracked, crumbling, or otherwise — it can lead to big, costly, and dangerous problems down the road. Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep can repair your crown problems before that happens.
- Repointing/Tuckpointing/Spalling – The masonry on your chimney is exposed to the elements, and since bricks are porous, they’re easily damaged by the effects of things like water and ice over time. Concrete can begin chipping and flaking — known as spalling — and it’s both complex and hugely important to repair it. If your chimney is showing the signs of spalling, or defective bricks or mortar joints that need repointing or tuckpointing, Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep can do the repairs you need, the right way.
- Chimney Relining and Flue Sealant – A chimney lining can be damaged by water, fire or even just the settling that comes with time. And many older chimneys weren’t built with a liner in the first place. Those are just a few reasons you might need or want to reline your chimney or repair it with a flue sealant. With our thorough video inspections, we can tell if your chimney would benefit from a sealant or relining, and install the right fit for your needs.
- Rebuilds, Renovations & Restorations – Historic homes are everywhere in our area, and we specialize in rebuilding and restoring chimneys, no matter the circumstances. Hard-to-find bricks or other special circumstances? Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep can rebuild, renovate or restore it to a better-than-new chimney.
- Chimney Leaks and Waterproofing – Water can get into your chimney in many different ways, from the crown to the flashing. And leaks can lead to erosion and rust. Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep can find and fix your leaks, and we can also add a waterproofing treatment that will protect and lengthen the life of your chimney.
Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep is here to help, no matter what your chimney repair needs are.
The flashing protects your chimney from water where it and the roofline meet. Damaged flashing can allow water to leak in and seriously damage your chimney. When there’s a problem with the flashing, it’s best to call us — not a roofer — to fix it.
Call now to make an appointment. Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep can take care of all your repair needs.
When your chimney needs to be relined, you can count on the team at Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep to do the job right. That’s why more and more people call on us for their chimney service needs.