Book Chimney Sweeping Services With Us
When we sweep your chimney, we take great care to protect your home.
- We start laying out drop cloths as soon as we enter – our footwear never touches your floors.
- Our industrial vacuums then collect the dust, debris, and creosote from your chimney well before it ever has a chance to get into your home.
- Our Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-trained chimney technicians sweep the flue and your fireplace parts.
Long story short, for chimney sweep services in the Boston area, there’s no better crew to count on us than Billy Sweet. Give us a call or book online to get started with our expert crew.
Why Chimney Sweeping Is So Important
It might sound like a simple task, but chimney sweeping is actually a detailed process that requires an expert’s care to be done right – and it’s a key part of keeping your chimney functioning and your home and family safe.
Whenever you use your fireplace or stove, your chimney is working to keep the harmful substances that result from burning fuel – gases, smoke, particles, minerals and more – safely contained and then removed. But, over time, debris and creosote (the residue that results from those byproducts moving up your chimney) builds up and can lead to blockages and fires. A trained chimney sweep will thoroughly and safely remove debris and creosote, allowing your chimney to do its job properly.
All in all, chimney sweeping is an affordable and important part of preventive maintenance that can keep your household safer and, in the long term, save you money.
How often should you schedule a chimney sweeping?
Chimneys should be cleaned and inspected annually to ensure that they’re working properly and safely. And yes – that includes rarely- or never-used chimneys.
Is It Chimney Sweeping or Chimney Cleaning?
So, you searched for a company to come clean your chimney, but you’re seeing results for chimney sweep, chimney sweeping, chimney cleaning, and everything else in between. Which term is correct?
While many homeowners refer to the process as a chimney cleaning, technically the correct term used in the industry is chimney sweeping or chimney sweep.
Will your chimney be shining clean, looking just like new when we’re done with it? Of course not. No one in our industry can make a soot-filled chimney look like it was just built or spic-and-span like a bathtub or tile floor. What sweeping means is clearing out all that excess debris and creosote that could be putting your home at risk when you light fires.
All that said, if you ask us for a cleaning, no worries – we know what you mean.
Our Approach to Your Chimney Sweep Service
When you choose Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep for your chimney, you’re getting trained and certified technicians, a thorough and impeccably clean job, a state-of-the-art chimney inspection, and documentation of the process – before and after.
Your chimney sweep should take about an hour to an hour and a half to complete the job, and you can expect your technician to:
- Sweep your chimney with special brushes
- Scrub your chimney’s smoke chamber, smoke shelf, and damper with hand tools
- Sweep the firebox and clear any ash
- Remove and brush the grate
- Check for any fire safety hazards
Preparing for Your Service
Getting ready for your chimney sweeping appointment is simple:
- Avoid having a fire for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Move furniture or any breakable items away from the area around your stove or fireplace – about six to eight feet.
- Confine your pets in another room, away from the work area.
Turn To Us for a Job Done Right
Our commitment is to provide the most complete, professional, and hassle-free experience for our customers.
Call us to learn more or to schedule an appointment – you can also reach out to us online.