Enhance Your Home With A Gas Fireplace Insert Or Stove
Here in the Northeast, we certainly get plenty of opportunities to gather around the hearth. But when it’s brutally cold or you lose power, heading outside for firewood may be the last thing you want to do. You want heat and you want it ASAP, with as little effort as possible. That’s when gas fireplace inserts and stoves really shine.
These appliances rely on natural gas or propane (LP) to heat the home, and they can be fired up and turned off with the touch of a button. That means that when it’s so cold you don’t want to run out for firewood, you don’t have to.
Here are some of the biggest advantages to having a gas fireplace insert or stove:
- They’re easy. This is easily the biggest advantage of gas. There are no ashes or log remnants to clean up after the fire dies down. There’s no stacking and storing wood or building the fire just right. There’s no need to head outside for more fuel for the fire. With a gas appliance, everything you need to start and keep a fire going is right at your fingertips. And when you’re ready to hit the hay, simply turn off the fireplace and head to bed. Isn’t it nice that something is finally easy?
- They’re great heaters. If a fireplace, stove, or insert can’t actually warm you up, is there even a point? Well, gas appliances aren’t just for looks. They also provide great heat and are highly efficient. Less waste, more heat, more time relaxing by the fireside = a better end to your day.
- They’re virtually maintenance-free. No appliance is 100% maintenance free, but with a gas appliance, aside from scheduling an annual inspection and service, there’s not much for you to do. These are as maintenance-free as it gets.
- They’re ready even during a power outage. When you lose power during a strong winter storm, the temperature in your house can drop pretty quickly. But because gas appliances don’t rely on electricity (aside from the fan/blower), you can easily warm up with your gas insert or stove, and keep your family cozy until power is restored.
- They’re clean burning. Many homeowners don’t want to worry about emissions when using their fireplaces, inserts, or stoves, and with gas, you don’t have to. This fuel is clean burning and produces very little emissions. That means you can fire up the appliance as much as you want, without thinking of what you’re doing to the planet.
Things To Consider
Ok, now that you know the benefits and advantages of gas fireplaces, inserts, and stoves, what are some possible cons you may need to consider?
Well, for one, while gas is clean burning and environmentally-friendly when it comes to using your appliance, it’s not environmentally-friendly on the front end. What we mean by that is that fracking and refining, as well as the transportation of fuel, can be environmentally-disruptive and polluting. It’s a bit of a trade-off, but it’s something to consider when making your decision.
Secondly, you will only be able to use your gas appliance to burn gas. If prices rise and you’re not comfortable paying those prices, you won’t be able to enjoy the supplemental heat that a fireplace, stove, or insert can provide. With a wood fireplace, you do have the advantage of using other biomass, and wood is typically affordable, even free.
For many homeowners, the advantages of gas far outweigh the possible disadvantages, but we just want to make sure you’re informed!
We’re Proud To Sell & Install Regency’s Finest Gas Fireplace Inserts & Stoves
The good news is, if you do decide that gas is right for you, you won’t have to go far to find the perfect gas appliance for your home. We carry some truly amazing gas stoves and inserts from Regency. Here are a few of our favorites:
If you’d like to see more of the products we offer, please visit the brochures below!
Why Choose Regency For Your Gas Fireplace Insert Or Stove?
You may be wondering, with all the brands out there, why choose Regency for your gas fireplace insert or stove? Here are just a few reasons:
- They back their products with a limited lifetime warranty — the best in the industry.
- They’re committed to making products that aren’t just highly efficient and high-performing, but that are also incredibly beautiful and long-lasting.
- They’re focused on perfecting every detail of their products.
- Their products produce the most beautiful fires.
- They offer products that are timeless, as well as products that are designed with the latest trends in mind.
- They make great zone heaters and can reduce your home heating bills.
We’re Here To Help With Everything From Selection & Installation To Annual Service
Ready to enhance your home with a new gas fireplace insert or stove? Call Billy Sweet and let us help with everything from selection and installation to service. Whether you’re in the Boston area, the Portland area, or the North Shore area, trusted hearth experts are only a phone call away.