When you’re shopping around for a new physician, you usually do your homework and choose the one with the most experience, the best training, and greatest reviews. This is commonplace for physicians, mechanics, lawyers, dentists, and more–yet, for home maintenance such as chimney care, we so often see homeowners choose amateurs, local handymen, and DIY projects. This is not only a waste of money, but it’s dangerous!
Choose a Professional for ALL Chimney Work
Whether the chimney needs a sweeping, some brickwork, relining, a part installation, or more, there is no one better suited for the job than a trained professional. It is our goal at Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep to bring down the amount of residential fires in our area by not only providing services, but also valuable information about fire and chimney safety. We know that the best way to keep your family safe, is when you hire a professional.
- It is what your homeowners insurance wants (and they may pay for it!)
- It is required by most municipal codes/permits
- It is required to maintain many manufacturer warranties
Choosing a professional to do your chimney work may be the best decision you’ve ever made. When installations, repairs, sweeps, and inspections are done right, you save money and can rest assured your family and home is safe.
CSIA–Not Just Any Certification
When you do a quick search for CSIA certified chimney sweeps in and around Boston, Billy Sweet is at the top of the list. We make it no secret that we train and test our sweeps through the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), the nation’s standard for the chimney industry.
- CSIA is accredited and meets the highest of education standards, regulated by the Indiana State Workforce Innovation Council.
- CSIA was established in 1983 and is the national standard by which officials, manufacturers, and others measure chimney service excellence.
- CSIA is a nonprofit organization governed by industry volunteers and dedicated to lowering the number of residential and commercial fires across the country.
- CSIA members must adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics which protect homeowners from scams. If found in violation, certification can be revoked.
- CSIA focuses on public safety and industry advancements that increase safety and reduce the number of residential chimney fires, carbon monoxide intrusion, and other chimney hazards.
- CSIA certification requires re-certification every three years through examination or continued education credits.
All of the reasons why we make CSIA certification a priority here at Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep, are the same reasons you should at home! We are not only CSIA certified, but also members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild and active in our communities of Boston, North Shore, and Portland.
Don’t hesitate and call when you have a major problem–we offer preventative maintenance year-round. Make an appointment online or call 617-469-4528 today.